Sunday, January 11, 2009

Not so long ago

They say life changes,
But if only they knew
There are no truer words
No better a description.
Has it already been this long?
It has been a while
Who was I back then?
How did I manage to survive?
I know some answers
But others, maybe not
Some voices play in my mind
Some moments, in my memories, caught,
And yet, I can live everyday
Over and over in my head
The smile, the wave, the walk away,
Inside my head, the jumbles wed.
Intertwining trains of thought
Uniting the acts of fate
The walk, the droplets, all that’s white
The hugs, the embraces, never to let go
We walk today, together again
No one will ever need to know
You will lead me, as you always did
I will, silently follow.
I wish sometimes I were there
Was there something I could do?
All is meaningless, now
I have stopped the questions too
We walk and talk, all this way
I can still see you.

No comments: