Wednesday, November 28, 2007

A taste of ecstasy...

Walking down the same old road
Humming an old melody
Everything was mundane, routine
The same pathways, the same galleries
And yet, it seemed so fresh, so new
A daisy blooming amidst the residue
A sculptor carving out novel art
Just another morning but still a bracing start
I wondered why I smiled so much
Why a breeze orchestrated to me
Why a falling flower painted a picture
Why each sorrow seemed now, a parody
I gazed at the figure walking beside me
His footsteps one with mine
Why did I believe his every breath?
Why did I ‘believe’ when he said it would be fine?
He changed my life forever
He set my inhibitions free
I hummed, I sang, I felt, I sighed
A taste of pride and ecstasy…

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Nice, I can relate to this ecstasy. But, I still wonder the sorrowness that comes with these each heartbreak, what balances it, how is the equilibrium maintained. In the shorter term, the more happy I was with being in that ecstatasy the more sad i feel when i come outside of it. But what happens to the relationship that never ends, the joy people enjoy their whole life, what does it get balanced against? I don't know, I hope I find this answer one day.